I'm glad I'm in "The Right Place."

July 25, 2010

In remembrance of Pioneer Day, I'm posting some pics I took of our fun little outing to This Is The Place Park. (Yes it's another collage, I'm sorry). We went there a week and half ago and it was so much fun. I have never actually been there (from what I can recall) which is a little sad, since I have an ancestor who has a small cabin up there. Yeah, I'm a really good great-granddaughter of a Utah Pioneer!
Anyway, I took the kiddos up there with my friend McKenzie and her three kids, and there was quite a lot of excitement going on in the Old Town. The kids rode the train, made craft bags, panned for gold, had pony rides and even got penny candy treats from the Z.C.M.I. It was neat to take a step back in time, life seems so much simpler back then.
I have so much love and respect for our Pioneer Ancestors who left everything they had, and traveled thousands of miles, just for the chance to believe what they wanted. As I was driving the five minutes it takes us to get to church this morning, I was grateful for the sacrifice the Saints made so that WE can worship freely. What a blessing it is in my life to know that someone did that for me!
I hope everyone had a fun Holiday Weekend!

No comments: