A HAHAHAHA WIPEOUT!


On my list of things that I'd like to do before I'm 30, I listed that I would love to surf, yes surf. Now for those of you who know me, you know that I have a tiny fear of water. Especially water that has creepy crawlies in it, BUT I have always found surfing to be totally cool and intriquing. When in Maui, I got to check off Surfing from my list. Yes I actually surfed. I stood up on the board, and rode the waves...mind you they were only two foot waves, but waves non-the-less. I loved every stinking minute of it-minus the rash on my legs from sitting on that darn board, and the cut on my back from my Wipeout. Needless to say, it was so much fun. And I didn't really think about my fear of the water with all the "rules" I had to think about while surfing. Arch back, right knee, left foot, feet flat, arms out, stand up.

My fear of the water was met head on, however, when I strapped on some snorkel gear and slowly waded my way out to sea. I didn't really like it too much at first and I'd creep myself out if I got too close to some rocks or coral, or went out where it looked dark, but after a while and seeing all those beautiful fish, AND following a turtle, I began to like it and realize that it's not so scary. NO, I'm not completely cured of my phobia, nor am I an excellent surfer, but I definately have a new respect for the Ocean. . .AND the killer bodies of all those wave riders.

Next on the list...SNOWBOARDING-I know, can you believe I learned to Surf before Snowboard. Where exactly do I live again?

To see more pics of Hawaii, scroll to the bottom...I know, all the way down there.

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh I am so proud of you, and to do that in Hawaii! YAH. Post most pictures!